William P. Dillon
Email Address: WDillon@lawfla.com
- St. Thomas University School of Law, J.D., with honors, 1998
- Florida International University, B.S., cum laude, 1994
- Health Law Transactions
- Health Information Technology
- Non-profit Organizations
- Administrative Law
- Employment Law
- General Health Law
- Federal and State Fraud and Abuse Law
- Corporate Compliance Programs
- Health Care Provider Transactions – Employment Agreements, Income Guarantee Agreements, Medical Practice Purchase Agreements
- Medical Practice Formations
- Medical Staff Issues
- Health Information Technology
- Federally Qualified Health Center Law
- Health Care Billing and Reimbursement
- Health Care Provider Licensure Matters
- Not for Profit Corporation Law and Governance
- Rural Health Networks
- Provider Services Networks
Specialty Practices/ Industries
General Health Law;Federal and State Fraud and Abuse Law; Corporate Compliance Programs; Health Care Provider Transactions – Employment Agreements, Income Guarantee Agreements, Medical Practice Purchase Agreements; Medical Practice Formations; Medical Staff Issues; Health Information Technology; HIPAA; Federally Qualified Health Center Law; Health Care Billing and Reimbursement; Health Care Provider Licensure Matters; Not for Profit Corporation Law and Governance; Rural Health Networks; Provider Services Networks.
Representative Client Experience
- Represents Federally Qualified Health Centers in various operational and management issues.
- Represents physicians and physician practices in issues relating to employment contracting, income guarantee agreements, practice purchases, fraud and abuse compliance and other issues related to operating a medical practice.
- Represents health care providers in health information technology issues, including the licensing of electronic medical records software and participation in regional health information organizations.
- Provided representation to health care providers in administrative matters before the Departmental Appeals Board of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Provided representation to Federally Qualified Health Centers in matters involving intergovernmental transfers of local, state, and Federal matching funds.
- Assisted health care providers in responding to investigations by the Office of Civil Rights for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services relating to alleged HIPAA violations.
- Provide assistance to health care providers in complying with employment and labor issues including FMLA, FLSA and employment terminations.
- Provide assistance to not for profit organizations for corporate governance issues and executive compensation issues.
- Represents health care providers contracting with managed care entities.
- The Florida Bar, 1998
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 1998
- Board Certified by the Florida Bar as a specialist in Health Law, 2005
- Florida Licensed Health Care Risk Manager, 1999
- Florida Bar Health Law Section, Chair, HIPAA/HIT Committee 2005 – Present
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association, Health and Business Law Sections
- Leadership Tallahassee (Affiliate Member)
- Gulf Winds Track and Triathlon Club
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating: BV® Distinguished ™
- Super Lawyer® 2010-2015
- Florida Trend “Legal Elite® ” 2011-2014
Publications and Lectures
- “Florida Practitioner’s Health Law Handbook” – Chapter 9, Federal Qualified Health Centers.
- “The Quest for Interoperable Electronic Health Records – A Guide to Legal Issues Establishing Health Information Networks” – Contributing co-author Chapter 2, Privacy.
- “Physicians and RHIOs – Understanding the Use, Disclosure and Maintenance of Patient Information” – Physician Organizations Newsletter.
- Numerous lectures in Florida and nationally on issues relating to HIPAA, Corporate Compliance and Health Information Technology