The Firm provides a wide range of services while representing of clients in environmental matters, representing clients before state, federal and regional regulatory agencies including the Florida Department of Environmental Protection, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, the Florida Department of Community Affairs, and Florida’s water management districts on such issues as:
- Soil and groundwater contamination cleanup
- Use of state-owned submerged lands
- Wetlands permitting and enforcement, including the use of state-owned submerged lands
- Coastal construction permitting and enforcement
- Drinking water and wastewater treatment facility permitting and enforcement
- Sales of environmentally sensitive lands to the State
The attorneys in this section also engage in lobbying efforts on behalf of clients, such as in matters involving Florida’s Governor and Cabinet on issues relating to the use of state owned submerged lands, and the Florida Legislature on matters involving significant environmental legislation.
In conjunction with their experience in dealing with environmental permitting and enforcement matters, the Firm has the capacity to litigate complex environmental cases, in both administrative forum and in circuit court.